Walk mounted hoops range from full size outdoor hoops you might see mounted on a brick wall, to indoor hoops that you can use to play in the office or bedroom.
In this article we’ll go through some of the best wall mounted hoops and you’ll learn what you should look for when you’re looking to buy one.
The Best Wall Mounted Basketball Hoops
***It’s highly recommended that you read through real user reviews at the links below before making any purchase.
SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop W/Ball. 23″x16″ Shatterproof Backboard.See Amazon Price
By far the most popular on Amazon, this mini hoop is the one that best replicates real ones. With its clear shatterproof backboard and breakaway rim, you’ll be able to go as hard as you want while playing in your house with friends or relax shooting some free throws at the office thanks to its pre-installed over the door hooks.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- Its portability: Due to its small size this truly is the ideal wall mounted hoop for anyone that wants to play at home.
- Its durability: Most of these type of mini hoops end up braking after a couple of intense sessions of play with our friends, but thanks to its shatterproof backboard and breakaway rim, the SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop is made to stand the best of friendly basketball rivalries.
- Its affordability: Taking into account the amount of care that has gone into the creation of this product, it’s surprising how ridiculously affordable this hoop is.
And what we don’t like:
- Its lack of versatility: There isn’t much to hate about this mini hoop and this complain will not be shared by everybody, but we feel its important to mention nonetheless. Due to its small size, it’s pretty much impossible to do something else with this than to have some occasional fun. However, we can’t realistically expect much more than what we get at this price.
Lifetime 73650 44 Inch Shatterproof Backboard and Rim Combo Kit.See Amazon Price
Thanks to its 44 inch backboard, the Lifetime 73650 is the ideal product for those that want something more serious than a mini hoop but don’t want to spend too much for a full-size rim and backboard. Its resistance to almost any weather also makes it a great option for an outdoor hoop.
Here’s what we like about it:
- Its versatility: Thanks to its size, this hoop will fulfill most of our needs. Do you want yo goof around and have fun? Do you want to get a little bit more serious against a friend in your driveway? Whatever you want to do, this hoop will be there for you.
- Its resistance to bad weather: Being that this is mainly an outdoor hoop, its nemesis will be bad weather. Well, they’ve got you covered. The backboard’s fade-resistant graphics and the all-weather net will make sure that you have a place to play ball for years to come.
And what we don’t like:
- Mounting problems: Contrary to what we have seen with the previous hoop, this one does not come with any sort of pre-installed mounting mechanisms. In fact, if you want to mount it yourself, you’ll have to buy the mounting kit separately. Certainly something to take into consideration.
- Its design: Take this for what it’s worth. Looks are a very much a subjective thing, yet a clear backboard will probably appeal to more people than the translucent black one we get with this hoop.
First Team RoofMaster Turbo – 54 Inch Glass BackboardSee Amazon Price
Taking a pretty big step up in price, we find the First Team RoofMaster Turbo. An ideal choice for those who are looking for a versatile, professional basketball system but don’t have the space for a pole-mounted basketball hoop. It’s also adjustable from 6 to 10 feet, which is great.
What we like the most about it:
- Its professional look: Despite it not having the official backboard measures, this hoop will leave everyone astonished with its great professional finish.
- Its adjustability: Thanks to its adjustable mounting system, this hoop can be lowered depending on who is playing on it. Plus it can be mounted on pretty much any kind of roof or a simple wall. Versatility at its finest.
What we didn’t like as much:
- Lack of a shatterproof backboard: For the price we are paying we get a breakaway rim, but making such a big investment on a hoop without a shatterproof backboard may not be as good of an idea for some.
- The price: This links with the previous point. Currently listed at $1,865, it’s certainly far from a drop in the bucket. We recommend taking a look at its features and perhaps comparing to other ones before making a final call. As you should do with all of these kinds of investments.
Goalsetter GS48 Wall Mounted Adjustable Basketball System. (72 Inch backboard version)See Amazon Price
Finally, we have the Goalsetter GS48. Particularly, we’ll be looking at the 72 inch version. Sitting at the top of the rating charts on Amazon, we find this hoop. The most “professional” of the bunch. Thanks to its standard measures, the Goalsetter GS48 is the ideal basketball system for gyms or those that want a truly special experience.
Here’s what we like about it:
- Everything: It’s really difficult to find one particular thing that stands above the whole package. This hoop has everything you could expect from it. Its design, its adjustability, its more than reasonable price for what it offers, everything about it is deserving of the praise we can see in the Amazon user reviews.
What we didn’t like:
- Lack of info on the rim: We are probably nitpicking quite a lot here. But it would be great if the product info listed whether or not this hoop has a breakaway rim. We found the information in the user reviews, where we found out that the flex rim is the breakaway one. So keep an eye out for that. Although you can always upgrade your rim if you want. See? The good things find a way to sneak in the “bad stuff” section.
Things To Consider When Buying A Wall Mounted Basketball Hoop
Have you ever wanted to set up a basketball hoop at home only to find you don’t have the space for a base? The wall mounted basketball hoop is probably the perfect fit for you. This type of basketball hoop typically has an adjustable mounting bracket that allows . They’re also widely used in school yards and school gyms.
Take advantage of extra playing ground too with the space that would have been used up by the base of the classic portable or in-ground hoop system. Here are some of the factors that a wall mounted basketball hoop buyer should consider or discuss:
From the junior 36″x25″ mounting system to the official NBA size mounting system, this type of hoop has various sizes of backboards to choose from. Be able to play basketball at any sturdy wall in your house with the ever efficient and space saving wall mounted basketball hoop. Buyers of this kind of hoop would need to find a sturdy and evenly surfaced wall, and then consider how big the playing area would be to determine the perfect backboard size for your mounted hoop.
There are multiple types of backboard material for a mounted basketball hoop. Just like with any normal basketball hoop system, the wall mount hoop supports the following material for its’ backboard:
- Acrylic Backboards – Known for its steadiness and durability, this is the right decision for those who seek a mix of affordability and sturdiness. However, the Acrylic backboard do not rebound the ball as well as the Tempered Glass backboard. This type of backboard is also prone to minor dents and scratches.
- Poly carbonate Backboards – This type of board is considered even more durable than the Acrylic backboard. This is considered as the best choice for indoor backboards such as the wall mounted hoop. Well know for strength and a long lasting ball rebound ability.
- Plastic Backboards – Definitely the most economical choice of all backboard materials. Very ideal for beginners. Perfect for outdoors and is water resistant. On the downside, a plastic backboard is expected to lack a huge amount of rebounding ability.
- Tempered Glass Backboards – Used by the NBA and other competitive basketball leagues throughout the world. The highest quality backboards among the rest, and are sold at very high prices. Known for its’ consistency, chip or dent proof facet, and the best rebounding ability among all other options for backboard material.
CONSIDER POSSIBLE USERS OF WALL MOUNTED HOOP:
Another important factor that buyers need to consider before they purchase a wall mounted hoop is the kind of people that would be playing on it. Adults may find the ring too small or the quality of the backboard too low, and kids may find the hoop too big or high, this is why it is important for you to canvass the possible players on the mounted hoop.
This practical and space saving hoop can be found useful just by any basketball player in this planet. From the avid fan who wants to imitate dunks and hard three point shots seen on TV in their own houses, to professional basketball players who wants to better their game even when they’re at home, all you have to do is know all the factors you need to consider before you buy it, and you are guaranteed to never regret purchasing a wall mounted basketball hoop.